A friendly and confident sales team leader with more than a decade of K-12 education experience and a passion for helping schools do amazing things.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Dedicated and results driven Senior Account Executive and Director of Business Development with proven leadership and success in sales and marketing
- Self-motivated, fast learner and results oriented with proven track record of positive growth
- Experience creating customized regional and national marketing campaigns for education, government, and corporate accounts to create awareness, drive incremental revenue, and grow marketshare
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Strong and insightful negotiator
- Extensive experience forecasting and managing a large, diverse sales pipeline with customers at all stages of the sales cycle
- Comprehensive ability to understand customer objectives, anticipate needs, and provide incredible customer service
- Extremely organized with close attention to detail and analysis
- Creative and strategic with clear vision and defined plan to achieve business goals
2017 - Present
SchoolMint, San Francisco, California
In my current role, I am working with large urban and members of the Council of Great City Schools districts to understand their enrollment strategies and make recommendations around how moving processes to the cloud can help support increased access and equity for their community.
2016 - 2017
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Hobsons, Oakland, California
Working within the Naviance College & Career Readiness unit of the company, I aligned to school districts in California with more than 15,000 students. I managed the entire customer life cycle - from lead generation, to close, to retention. My focus was on developing lasting relationships with CXO level personnel and to create a community of successful users that can be leveraged to accelerate growth into the future.
2015 - 2016
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
TreeRing, San Mateo, California
Focused on winning and scaling TreeRing’s targeted high-value account efforts. This process includes a “from scratch” approach, working to develop lead generation strategies, building sales processes, and fine tuning actions that result in customer self-conversion. Additionally, managed all CXO level relationships, respond to RFP’s and develop inner-org messaging using current customers as “heros" to promote growth.
2008 - 2014
SENIOR EDUCATION ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Apple, Cupertino, California
Worked directly with CXO level executives from K-12 and Hi-Ed Institutions on the development of emerging technology adoption and integration plans. Personally managed all aspects of the customer experience from acquisition to on-going support and beyond. Developed strategic plans in partnership with the customer team to ensure long-term success and ability to achieve customer goals. Directed and oversaw teams of up to 15 people per account based project size including financial services, professional services, professional development, technical services and more. Established a track record of sales success as seen below:
38% Average YoY Growth
3x National Sales Club Award Winner
$100,000,000+ Total revenue generated
2003 - 2007
CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE TEAM LEADER
Apple, Cupertino, California
Directed large scale student and faculty events focused on driving sales and awareness about the Apple Ecosystem. Facilitated collaboration amongst my statewide regional peers as the Team Leader and conducted daily on-the-job mentoring. Worked directly with university leaders at multiple campuses in conjunction with the Account Executive to promote regional sales.
Bachelor of Science, Microbiology (2007) - University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
High School Diploma (2003) - Granada High School, Livermore, CA
“If we were all as focused as Matt is at this point in life, there would be few jobs available for anyone over 30.”
-Eric Dawson, Manager at Apple
“Thinking outside the box, high energy, solution and customer focused, relentless for perfection. This is how I would describe Matt…”
-Mike Meeker, Peer at Apple